AMPAC Regional Campaign and Grassroots Seminars
This program, introduced in 2004, is a traveling, one-day version of AMPAC’s Campaign School and Candidate Workshop. The AMPAC Regional Campaign and Grassroots Seminars are designed to provide training in political campaigns and grassroots lobbying, so that physicians and friends of medicine can help advance medicine’s agenda at all levels of government. The Seminar introduces participants to the fundamentals of modern advocacy techniques and political campaigns, including:
- Developing a campaign strategy;
- Building a campaign message;
- Different kinds of fundraising techniques (and the laws that govern them); and
- How to communicate with elected officials.
Participants will leave the Seminar with the knowledge to make a positive impact on a political or legislative campaign.
The Seminar is designed to be co-hosted by AMPAC and a state medical society, with AMPAC covering the cost of faculty and materials and a state society securing a meeting space, meals (if necessary), and inviting attendees. If your a state medical society is interested in co-hosting a future Seminar, please email email@example.com or call 202-789-7465.
Regional seminars have been co-hosted by:
- Nevada State Medical Association: April 2014
- Medical Society of the State of New York: April 2014
- Ohio State Medical Association: April 2014
- North Carolina Medical Society: March 2014
- Kentucky Medical Association: February 2014
- Oregon Medical Association: January 2014
- Colorado Medical Society: October 2013
- Medical Society of the State of New York: April 2013
- Washington State Medical Association: May 2012
- Oregon Medical Association: January 2012
- Pennsylvania Medical Society: September 2011
- Medical Society of Virginia: October 2010
- AMA Alliance: October 2009
- AMA Heart of America Caucus (Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma): January 2009
- Medical Society of New Jersey: December 2007
- Texas Medical Association: March 2007
- Florida Medical Association: April 2006
- Connecticut State Medical Society: October 2005
- Ohio State Medical Association: October 2004
News & Tweets
AMPAC Co-Hosts Campaign Seminar with CMS
On October 12th, 50 physicians and medical students attended a Regional Campaign and Grassroots Seminar in Denver, CO co-hosted by the Colorado Medical Society (CMS) and AMPAC. more
Another Successful AMPAC Federation Meeting
2014 Political Education Programs Announced!
AMPAC recently secured dates for the 2014 Candidate Workshop and Campaign School more
AMPAC Holds Another Successful Campaign School!