AMPAC CANDIDATE WORKSHOP
Ever wonder how Doctors get elected to Congress or your state legislature? Considering a run for office for yourself? The AMPAC Candidate Workshop will teach you how to run a winning political campaign, just like we taught many of your AMA colleagues over the years.
After two years of hosting the program virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AMPAC Candidate Workshop is returning in-person March 31 – April 2 at the AMA offices in Washington, DC.
The Candidate Workshop is designed to help you make the leap from the exam room to the campaign trail and give you the skills and strategic approach you will need to make a run for public office.
At the Candidate Workshop, Republican and Democratic political veterans work together to give you expert advice about being a successful candidate and how to run a winning campaign. You will learn: the importance of a disciplined campaign plan and message; the secrets of effective fundraising; what kinds of advertising may be right for your campaign; how to work with the media; as well as how to build your campaign team and a successful grassroots organization.
Please note the following:
- The Candidate Workshop is open to AMA physician members, member spouses, residents, medical students and state medical society staff.
- Registration fee is $250 for AMA Member/$1000 for non-AMA members. This fee is waived for AMA residents and students; however, space is limited and the AMPAC Board will review and select four participants from the pool of qualified resident and student applicants.
- Faculty, materials, and all meals during the meeting are covered by the AMA. Participants are responsible for their registration fee, travel to/from Washington, DC and hotel accommodations (AMA will provide you with a list of nearby hotels within walking distance of the AMA offices).
- Participants will be required to bring a laptop or Wi-Fi enabled tablet with them.
- All participants will be required to attest to being fully vaccination with at least one booster for the COVID-19 virus.
Registration for the 2023 AMPAC Candidate Workshop is now CLOSED.
For more information please contact: Politicaleducation@ama-assn.org